Pages

Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Les Miserables Review


Les Miserables

So Les Mserablesis about a guy is agrees to take care of a woman's daughter before she dies, and while that's all happening he's being chased by a policeman because he broke parole. So I want to start off by saying that this movie got 3 Oscars one for sound mixing, one for makeup, and one for best supporting actress (Anne Hathaway). It was also nominated for 5 more including best picture,best performance by an actor in a leading role,best costume, and for music. So I absolutely loved the acting in this movie every single one did a great job. Anne Hathaway won an oscar for her role which I felt she deserved but I was kind of surprised by this seeing as she was in the movie about maybe 20 minutes and the movie is about two hours fourth minutes, but she did deserve it. Hugh Jackman was nominated and lost to Daniel Day Lewis which he also did great in Lincoln so he deserved that and I think Jackman deserved his nomination at least. Make up also own which also deserved it, the movie goes through years of time and hey did great of making some of the characters look older than they actually are. Costume also deserved it nomination they all looked great in the end they lost toAnna Karenia which I haven't seen so I can't say if it should have gotten it. The music deserved it and it lost tot he song Skyfall from skyfall. The music in Les Miserables is great and deserved the nomination but I absolutely loved skyfall and I felt that was the clear winner. The movie also got nominated for best picture and it was beat by Argo, which was a good movie but I didn't feel it should have won, out of all of them nominated I though Django Unchained should have won. I felt that Les Miserables though was still a good nomination. Now as I said before the music was great the plot the dialogue all great it was a great movie. Now I must say the movie is long and can feel slow at times and it can get boring, especially the first time and especially if you don't know the music. My advice is get the soundtrack listen to the songs first and the movie will be more enjoyable because most of it is singing so it helps. I also want to add that if you don't like musicals don't watch this because almost all of this movie is sung yes there are a few phrases that are said but for the most part it is all sung. Now I also want to mention that I really hated Russell Crowe in this movie, not his acting but his signing I just felt it wasn't that great and it sounded kind of bad. This movie is beautiful the meaning is beautiful you might find yourself crying at times it's very heartfelt it's a great movie.

So what do the people say? So most are saying good things that it's a beautiful film wonderful acting everything I said above. A few have said that the movie is uneven, I can see why they are saying this the movie skips from year to year but in my opinion it wasn't uneven.a few are saying that there is to much music in this movie, but like I said above if you hate musicals then DONT watch this movie! A few have said that if you aren't a fan of the musical you will hate the movie but like I said above listen to the music and you will like it better otherwise yeah it will probably be a little boring. So after reading the peoples reviews what I've gotten from them is get to know the music first then watch it you will enjoy it so much more.

So as for my ratting I give the movie a 8/10

So what did you think? Do you agree? Let me know!!!

The This and That Guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment