Pages

Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Dark Knight Rises Review


The Dark Knight Rises 

Now it's time for the final review in The Dark Knight Trilogy. So when we last left off in The Dark Knight Batman took the fault of a crime that he technically didn't do, and decided that the world no longer needed Batman anymore. So in this one it has been eight years since the Batman has left us and Gothem is looking pretty good, there are the people involved with Batman who know who he is and all who are having a hard time dealing with the truth that are struggling, but Gothem is doing well and then a new villain Bane comes into Gothem and makes Batman come out to try and stop him. Now I loved this movie, I love where it starts out at and it shows how the characters are still dealing with the events in The Dark Knight which I liked it really tied in with the first and second movie really well which I really liked. Bruce is super out of it at the beginning of this movie, he's realty had to deal with a lot since the event of The Dark Knight and I love how it showed that he's suffering and out of it they did that really well. Now all the actors did great in this movie just like the last two movies. There are a few new characters Bane who is played by Tom Hardy and he just kills it as Bane. Now if you don't know Bane is a villain with a mask that covers a lot of his face and the only thing the mask doesn't really cover is his eyes, and Hardy did such an amazing job showing his anger and everything in his eyes. You just take one look at his eyes and you just immediately want to crap you pants he's just scary. Bane is just awesome in this movie he really is just the worse thing that could ever happen to Gothem he's huge and powerful and scary holy cow!!! Now something that has been talked about is a lot of people can't understand Bane and there's are a couple times where he is hard to understand but you get what he's saying it's clear enough and you understand. Speaking of his voice it's kind of awesome, they should have a Bane horror movie, if this guy came up from behind and talked I would just crap my pants it's terrifying. Joseph Gordon Levitt is in this one, he's this awesome cop who really cares about what he does and just a really great guy who's actually really important to the story. Anne Hathaway is in this one and she kills it as Catwoman. She is just awesome in this movie she's kicks butt and lays down the law. I love how realistic of a character she is, they made her this poor woman who steals things to stay a float and I loved that. I also loved that they really didn't call her Catwoman she is Catwoman but they never really call her that they call her Selina and I loved that, I also loved her costume and how when she put her night vision googles up off her eyes they looked like chat ears, it was just so creative and I loved it. Marion Cotillard played Miranda Tate and she's does such a great job I loved her character and I love how she portrayed her. Now this movie is about 2 hours 45 minutes, it's a long movie but it does not feel that long this movie keeps you on edge of your seat the whole time I can not take my eyes off the screen when watching this movie. Now I feel like this movie could have been longer, yes I said it longer, there are scenes in which a couple months of time go back and it's only like 20 minutes to a half hour and I would liked these scenes to eh longer and go into more depth. Again the story is great though along with the script, again just like the last movie there are so many twists and turns this movies goes in places I could of never have guessed would have happened, which I loved. Now if your a comic book fan you might not like this one, Banes origin story is not like in the comic books, but like I have said before Nolan went in saying this was going to be his Batman story and it was going to be more realistic and his own, and he successfully does that, and guess what my friends in my opinion he does that well. I loved how this movie tied up everything as well it had a great ending to a trilogy. This was just a really satisfying ending to a great trilogy, I could not of asked for more. Now this isn't really a negative but I just wish they somehow would have brought Joker back into this movie, I know Heath died after making this movie but I felt that they could have done something to bring him in somehow. He's never even mentioned, even Scarecrow makes a cameo in this movie and you could just feel that Joker emptiness I guess is the best word for it. Another thing that isn't really a negative in my opinion but I wish I could have see more was Alfred, the movie again drains you a little bit and it's dark andAlfred gave us a break from that and gave a little comedic relief. You understand why he's not in it as much and it's not a negative in my opinion but I missed the humor from Alfred. So all in all just a great movie and a satisfying ending to one of the best trilogy's of all time.

So what are the people saying? Well there are people who felt that the movie was to long and everything was stretched out. I disagree with this I love this movie and I feel that it could have been even longer. There are also a few who said that the movie is hard to understand and I just don't get this as long as your paying attention you should be just fine. Now this movie has gotten a lot of crap because a lot of people didn't like this movie as much as The Dark Knight. Now I'm just going to say one thing and this one thing is said by a lot of reviewers and its this all the movies in this trilogy and which ever one you like the most that's awesome I can understand that they are all just awesome movies and if you like one more than the other that's fine. In my opinion The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises is tied, I know that's not really fair but I love them just the same and they are all just amazing movies.
 
So as for a ratting I'm going to give The Dark Knight Rises a 10/10
 
So I'm sorry this movie review was so late but I've been working a lot and I'm exhausted but I'm going to try a little harder here. I am working third shift for maybe a month longer and then for sure we will get these reviews back up and running again.
 
Thanks for reading and we will see you next time!!
 
The This and That Guy :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment