Pages

Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Wolf of Wall Street Review


The Wolf of Wall Street

Well first off sorry in the lack of posts I've been working third shifts and im not used to it yet and I've been sick so I apologize.

So this movie is kind of hard to explain what it's about but I'll do the best I can. So this is a true story of Jordan Belfort that is this stock broker and it shows his rise to being wealthy and then his fall with drugs and the government and a bunch of other things as well. So this movie is another Martain Scorsese movie with Leonardo DiCaprio as the leas actor and holy crap it is amazing!!!! This movie is freaking three hours never did I once look and see what time it was, I was glued to the screen and did not what to look away. The acting in this movie is just outstanding. The two I want to talk about specifically is Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. Leo first of all has not gotten the credit he deserves for his acting when it comes to acting. He just better get an Oscar for this one! This is my favorite performance I just forgot who he was and I got lost in his character he was just great he just went from awesome to more awesome and then more awesome. There were times in the movie where he was talking and giving a speech and I was nodding my head agreeing with him I just felt like I was in this movie and whenever Leo was talking I felt like he was talking to me, directly to me. He just did freaking amazing I look up to this guy and I want to be an actor like him someday, I just love him he's just an amazing actor. Now Jonah Hill is another person to talk about, he kills it in this movie he is just crazy!!! I think he should get a oscar for supporting role because he's just amazing. I loved him and I loved his character and the chemistry between Leo and Jonah is just solid I loved it so much just well done. The dialogue in this movie is just superb, the story is just so interesting the real Jordan Belfort wrote a book about his life and I'm going to read it and I'm excited to do so. The movie has a lot of language it had broke the record for most f bombs at 506, but I felt they went out of place I thought they worked let's put it that way. There is a lot of drug use and a lot of nudity and sex scenes but they all actually worked. I also want to mention that there are scenes where Leo's character is talking directly to the camera and I usually HATE this but it was just great it really tied everything up beautifully and it was great. I also want to mention how funny this was, and it wasn't slap in the face comedy, it was natural comedy it's the kind of comedy that you see everyday  and I just love This movie!!! This movie is just fantastic it went by fast and it was three hours it's funny and it makes me want to go out and make my first million right now!!!!! It just motivated me to want to be awesome and just go out and do this!!! This movie is going on my top ten list which will be up soon!!!

So what are the people saying? Well a few are saying that this movie is just disgusting, well there is a lot of language and a lot of nudity, I don't mean to spoil anything but one of the first scenes a guy is doing crack of a woman's bear naked butt! So yes I guess it does have a lot of that, the movie was supposed to be NC 17 before it was edited!!! So yes I can see that I don't feel it brings the movie down at all. I don't feel any of it was unnecessary and don't forget this is a true story and the real life Jordan helped with this movie he even trained Leo and everything so I felt that it wasn't for no reason. That brings me to the next point, people felt this movie was kind of fake and not realistic, the movie is a freaking true story all these things are possible and I've heard a lot about how much of this stuff and situations actually happened. So I hate that people are saying that, heck I've actually heard they edited some things out because they felt that it would get unrealistic and those things were confirmed to be true!!! There are people complaining about the time, I'm going to say it one more time and then I'm done talking about this. The movie was amazing in my opinion and so engaging and I loved the dialogue so much and I didn't feel the movie felt like three hours I wanted more by the  end and I sometimes people just can't sit still so they hate long movies!! I'm done with that now!! So other than those little things people loved this movie!!! It's fun, it's exciting, it's fast paced, it's just a fantastic movie and I feel like it's even going to get a best picture nomination. 

So as for my ratting I'm going to give this movie a deserved 10/10!

So what did you think? Did you agree?

Let me know and thanks for reading!!!

The This and That Guy :)








No comments:

Post a Comment