Pages

Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Spanglish Review




Spanglish







So Spanglish is a drama/romance about a Mexican woman who decides to give her daughter a better life by bringing her to America where she finds a family to work for. The family consists of a famous chief, the chiefs wife who is insecure, and a young daughter. Eventually the chief falls for the Maid and things get out of hand.










So lets start with the positives of this movie. First off the acting in this movie is great, for those who say that Adam Sandler cant act well they are wrong he does just phenomical in this moive. I also liked the idea of this love story developing with a famous chief and a maid. Its something different and I enjoyed that part of it. Now the movie has some humor and some of it was decent humor that made the movie enjoybale. Now I liked how realistic this movie was the characters felt very real and the situations felt very real as well. I also have to say a lot of the dialogue in the movie felt so real and it was very engaging at times.









Now for the negatives of this movie. The movie feels very slow and boring at times. There were quite a few times where to I just wanted the movie speed up and just get done already. I also felt that the movie had a little to much drama, I realize the movie is a drama but I just felt like the movie had to many of these little plot points with more drama and it just got annoying. I also think there was some humor that did feel forced and the movie was trying to stop being the drama that it was and be a comedy more instead. Also the mother played by Tea Leoni is just so evil that you absolutely hate her to the point where you just cant watch the movie, she's supposed to be evil but it just goes to far.


So all in all this movie is all right, a lot of other people like this movie but for me it was just not that great it was just all to much for me. So as for a ratting I give Spanglish a 5/10.




So what did you think? Did you agree? Thanks for reading and let me know!!


The This and That Guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment