Pages

Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Fighter Review




The Fighter


The Fighter stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. So The Fighter is the true story of a boxer who is  trained and supported by his family, his family consists of a brother who is a drug and alcohol addict, a mother who is hard to explain but she does like to party and kind of ignores the stuff she doesn't want to see, and he's sisters who say what they want when they want. After his brother is put in jail Mickey has to decide weather or not to stick with his family or move on. So I have to say that I absolutely love this movie! The story is just amazing and everything is just done so well. First lets start with the acting, everyone does an amazing job in this movie, everyone gives Oscar worthy performances in my opinion. Wahlberg gives one of the best performances of his career, Bale actually won the Oscar for best supporting actor and holy cow did he deserve it. Bale out acted everyone in this movie, he just did such an amazing job! At the end of the movie there is a clip with the real brothers and other than the fact that they look different Bale WAS that character he did just such an amazing job. Melissa Leo also won a Oscar for Actress in a supporting Role and she definetly deserved that as well, she did just amazing in this role. Amy Adams was also in this movie and she just did an amazing job in this role, she also got nominated for the Oscar for best supporting actress, I do think Meslissa gave a slighter better performance but  Amy did do such an amazing job. This movie was also nominated for other Oscars including best picture, best director, and best original screenplay. Now this movie lost the Oscars for these from The Kings Speech. Now personally I didn't really like The Kings Speech, in fact I don't even think I ever finished it so I think that The Fighter should have won all of those Oscars. The movie is just a spectacular story and was done so well and I just felt that The Kings Speech was just boring and slow. Now the movie is a drama but there was some humor in there and that's mostly thanks to the sisters who say what they want when they want and its a great break from the drama because the drama can get heavy in this movie. I was personally engaged in this movie, I'm not a fan of boxing but still loved this movie, and I really didn't feel that the movie was about boxing really it was more about the journey of a man who had to decide to do what was best for him and not just do what is family wanted. I really couldn't think of any negatives for this film really the only thing that I can think of is some of the boxing in the movie seemed just a little to much like they were acted out, and I know they were but I still felt that they could have been done a little better.

So a great film, I must see in my opinion and as for a ratting I'm going to give this movie a 9/10.


So what did you think did you agree? Let me know and thanks for reading!!!

The This and That Guy ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment