Pages

Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man


The Amazing Spider-Man



So The Amazing Spider-Man is a reboot in 2012 for Spider-Man, and I have to say it was alright. Now I have already but up a review for the second in this rebooted series so has promised here is the first for this series. So I have to start with something that I forgot to add with the last review but it works with this movie as well and its the marketing for these movies. The trailers make it seem like the movie is going one way and then actually goes another way which just drives me nuts. Also for the new one the trailer and the rest of the marketing just give the movie away, there's just to much in there that I feel like I've already watched the movie before I actually have seen it. Another thing I have to say that is negative about the movie is the fact that its boring and in a couple of ways. First of all the origin story is the same as the last Spider-Man that we saw in the Rami Spider-Mans and it wasn't all that different so it did kind of get boring. If you don't know the origin story then you might it enjoy it more. Also another thing that makes it boring is just the fact that the movie takes forever to get to the good stuff like origin stories do I guess but it was kind of boring at times. Another negative to this movie is the fact that Peter gives his identity away to way to many people. He doesn't exactly do this on purpose but he just does give it away a lot! I also have a couple of things that just bother me about this Spider-Man. This Spider-Man first of all is super cocky and he is just TOO cocky, yes I want him to be cocky but not that cocky. Another thing that bothered me about this Spider-Man is the fact his suit is just weird, it like sparkles and I didn't like it. Dr. Connors in this movie doesn't have enough time in this movie either, they didn't use him as a villain or as lizard. This problem was also in the second movie as well. Another thing that the two movies share in common is the fact that the movies feel so choppy like they wanted to do all these things and then they tried to put it all in and then it just got so choppy.

Now to the positives, I like Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man he is just a great Spider-Man, he does a good job and I like his performance. I also love Emma Stone in this film she does great as Gwen. I also love the chemistry between all the actors is great. Now I also have to say I loved the relationship of this movie with Gwen and Peter unlike the second movie they give just the right amount of time to the relationship and I loved every second of it. Speaking of Gwen I loved how they decided to keep this movie closer to the comics, they have Gwen in there who was actually interested in Peter first. Also something I liked is that his webs are what he makes his webslingers which I do like and it is like in the comics. I also love that he looks like a high schooler where Toby just looked to old to be playing the age that he was playing. Now the action and the special effects are amazing in this movie for the most part they are done well.

So my final thoughts are that I thought this movie was going to suck but in the end, it was a decent movie and a good time, so as for a ratting I'm going to give this movie a 6/10.

So thanks for reading and don't forget to tell me what you thought of this movie.

The This and That Guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment