Pages

Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Neighbors Review



Neighbors


So Neighbors stars Seth Rogen and Zac Efron and Rogen plays the father and husband who has to deal with the fraternity next door lead by Efron's character. Things get out of control though when the fraternity gets to rowdy and its war between frat and family man. Ok so my first thoughts is that this is just a fantastic comedy!! I absolutely loved this movie it was hilarious!!!

So lets get started with the negatives for this movie because there are so few of them. First I want to start with a negative that really probably shouldn't be called an official negative there are two actors in the movie who I just am not a fan of and those two are Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. I don't know what it is about these two but I think its just there voices they are just annoying and I don't always like them and they ruin the movie for me which really sucks. However in this movie they weren't overly annoying. Also Seth Rogen doesn't really act he is just his same usual self he plays the same guy and he never really changes but its not to the point where I'm annoyed with him.  Now to real negatives, I felt there was some shaky cam kind of it felt like the camera was being held on someone's shoulder and they just got so tired with holding it that they tried to adjust or maybe there were even parts where they were doing something funny and they were actually laughing and I don't it just didn't work for me. There is also one little thing that really is pretty minor there are some humor that is just not funny that was supposed to be funny but very few of those moments.

Now the rest positives and there are a lot. Now lets start with Efron! Holy crap did he do amazing in this movie. He started as a Disney star and I know no Disney star ever turns out but Efron just might be the one Disney star to be successful!. He did so well and I loved it so much. Now the humor in this movie was just hilarious, the movie was just so relatable we all know someone who we would just go to an all out war!!!  I think there was much laughter in the movie theater with everyone else and I just think that everyone can relate and everyone will love the humor in this movie.The chemistry between the cast is great and it really shows and it just seems like they had a great time filming this movie. Now the dialogue in this movie was fantastic as well it was just so real I felt like I was actually in the movie with them. I really feel that this could be the movie of the summer!!! I feel that pretty much all of the best comedies come out during the summer season and I think this might just be the summer movie. 22 Jump Street comes out soon but I still think that this one will be the one. Now there were actually a few messages in this movie that just gave the movie heart! They just put it in there and kind of hid it on you so they didn't just throw it in your face you kind of just realized as it went along and I really liked that. I also loved the direction of this movie and I really loved the ending of this movie as well I think it just wrapped everything up perfectly.

So all in all an amazing comedy that will be hard to beat as far as comedies go as for a ratting I'm going to give this movie a 8/10!

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!!

The This and That Guy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment